Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Prince of Air and Darkness by M.A. Grant

Holy cannoli... Magic + Sexytime (explicit at times) = a steamy, unputdownable read. I must admit, I tried to read this book twice before and I wasn't impressed in the least. This, the third and final try, was my last ditch effort and thankfully my tenacity paid off. I really enjoyed it this time around. Maybe my headspace was all wrong in previous attempts or maybe I was another person mere months ago, whatever have you, today I am thrilled to give this book a glowing review. It went from a vitriol-lite review to fanatical praise.

The writing was succinct and straightforward yet not curt or lacking. The world building was excellent as was the case with the character development. There was a satisfyingly torturous slow burn m/m romance. The relationship grew into a really sweet codependency and ultimately a solidly, labeled entity. There was of course a Fae presence though it did not take up the entirety of the plot like many Fae stories do. It was primarily about these two Male MCs and their juxtapositions with one another and their world as a whole.

Overall:
This book is solid on all fronts. I am wholly invested in these Characters and this World and can not wait to read book #2!

~ Enjoy

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

***I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review ***