Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

The Trouble with Shooting Stars by Meg Cannistra

Unpopular review here:

This one was a flop in my eyes. The premise sounded amazing and the book was touted as a fantastical middle grade coming of age story which it did hit upon but again, ultimately, fell flat. I almost put it down and left it on the shelf for good but I felt that I needed to put my heartfelt (yet unpopular) review out there so people who are debating on whether or not to pick up this read could see that it didn't vibe with everyone. There are a bunch of glowing reviews and I respect that but for me, this one was sluggish and a bore. World building was okay and character development was too but it lacked some...Jun use qua to tie everything together into an interesting, cohesive work of art.

Overall:

This is magically unique and has a great premise but ultimately doesn't deliver. It might be a case of "it's not you, it's me" but the tedium and lack of oomph ruined it for me. I didn't care one whit what was going to happen next and not caring for the plot or the characters, as a general rule, is a surefire recipe for a harsh rating. It seems that this is a Love it or Hate it read... and you know where I fell on that scale.

*** I was given a copy of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review ***