Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

The Protection of Ren Crown by Anne Zoelle

The Protection of Ren Crown - Anne Zoelle

Book 2... much more revealed... twice the awesomeness!

This, the second book of the Ren Crown series, is everything I hoped for. Originally I was afraid it might suffer from the dreaded Lax of the Second Book syndrome BUT I am ecstatic to report that I worried for nothing, it was brilliant!

The characters are just as robust as ever. When Ren adopts you into her circle she'll do whatever it takes to make sure you're safe and happy. Olivia and Rens' friendship is blossoming into such a complicated, beautiful thing that they may end up near the top of my Favorite Female Friendships list of all time.... talk about a slowly percolating/hard won but decidedly worth it relationship! I love almost all of the characters but Olivia is simply (reluctantly) amazing. Oh, and that ship I mentioned in my last review?? Well, I happen to love them together even more now! You'll see... Con + Ren = Swoon.

The world development, on the other hand, is as steady as can be. It did not drop off in any way, it's as creative and imaginative as always.

Now onto the writing. The writing is solid, not flowery or verbose and that ending??? Well let's just say that that ending is 100% not boring.... in fact it is most certainly a briskly paced, character defining, crazy revelations revealing page turner. Queue betrayl and shocking realizations.

Overall:
I loved this book just as much, if not a bit more, than I loved book #1 and that's saying a lot. Go ahead, pick this series up and treat yourself... you deserve it!

~ Enjoy