Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Of Wicked Blood by Olivia Wildenstein and Katie Hayoz

Holy magical relic hunting this book was good! I tore through it with wild abandon and loved every second of it.

Of Wicked Blood captured my attention from the very first page and it didn't let go... it still hasn't. I truly enjoyed this read with its delightfully quaint, small town witchy lore to its well crafted characters that were decidedly, deliciously gray. I relished each moment I spent in Brume. I even fell for the insta-love that was one brash leg of a short lived love triangle. That's not usually something I can tolerate let alone cheer for but Cadance was a strong willed, intelligent, capable female... that alone sparked my interest BUT couple her with our other MC, Slate (Remy)... a complex, justifiably pessimistic hottie thief... a tortured soul that miraculously found his hardened Adamantium heart cracked wide open by our pillar of a woman MC. The result being a coupling even a jaded heart could get behind. Then there were the rest of the supporting cast. The secondary characters were also extremely likable especially Alma and Bastian (Cadence and Slate's respective best friends).

The writing was gritty and authentic feeling, the kind that convinces you that the characters are mid conversation and you're just covertly eavesdropping. The world building was solid and the characters were both corporeal and rich. They were overflowing with a subtle charm and I, for one, fell victim to it.

Overall:

I devoured this quick read in one sitting and enjoyed every moment in this quaint town with these dynamic characters populating this wonderfully bewitching world. Was it a masterpiece? No. Will it make you ponder great big philosophical ideas? Also no BUT you will enjoy yourself for a few hours and really, isn't that one reason we choose to get lost in books to begin with?

~ Enjoy

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***