Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Dreams of Gods & Monsters - Laini Taylor

If I could I would give this book another 5 stars, it is that good! I fell completely head over heals in love with this series and ultimately with Mrs. Taylor so writing this review might seem like Fangirl ramblings but here we go. First thing that stands out is the writing (duh)! It is SO beautiful that I did something I would NEVER usually do, I highlighted and I highlighted and highlighted until half the book was yellow. I can't say enough about how stunning the world building is, how amazingly in depth and loveable the characters are (I even loved the "bad guys") and I would be in fangirl heaven if the ending was just a tad more satisfying. Mostly everything is wrapped up nicely but the end for Karou and Akiva left me sad and confused. It had the cliffhanger vibe even though I am pretty sure this was the last of the series. I am not one for rereading but this was such a work of undeniable beauty that I can't imagine not revisiting it and doing so quite a few times (as soon as I feel the need to take a little break from my enormous TBR list). This book is yet another reason that I want to sing songs of praise for Mrs. Taylor from the highest rooftops! She could write a cookbook and not only would I throw my money at her gladly but it would most likely be a pure, poetic work of genius!!