Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Angelfall - Susan Ee

I'm not sure if it is the fact that dystopian/ post-apocalyptic novels may not be my thang or that this book in particular dragged on for no reason but it did just that. Here is a book that got great reviews, was about warrior Angels (usually pretty cool) coming to Earth to smite the Humans (for reasons unbeknownst to them) in a post apocalyptic world. Why they invaded and what they were truly up to was not fleshed out in this book which is really annoying but a smart way to make me read the sequel to find out the truth. I liked the writing style. Susan Ee was really brilliant in the character development. I really loved the heroine, Penryn! who is a bad ass that is loyal and damaged but all around kick ass, the REALLY Bad Guys were super hateable and the others elicited equally deep responses. There was pretty intense action, scandalous sexual tension, a touch of horror (not really my thing), and pretty good dialogue... sounds like a good recipe right? ....After having already read the next book I really recommend this one!!