Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Golem and the Djinni - Helene Wecker

I was SO excited to dive into this one and I'm really disappointed. Let me start by saying that the book isn't badly written and the characters are nicely fleshed out. It very well might be a problem on my end. Up to a little more than half way through, the pace was kind of slow and I wasn't able to get into it. I couldn't for the life of me get into the Golem's story until the end. The Jinni's story is interesting and the bad guy is pretty bad but it felt like reading the encyclopedia, long and booooooring. I couldn't leave it half read but I was dying for it to end so I could move on to another book. It was not a definitive failure but a matter if taste. After passing the 80% mark, the pace picked up and all the loose ends were tied up nicely. The varied POVs came together nicely in the end. I don't know if it was a total redemption but it surely went a long way toward making up for the slow pace of the first half.