Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Woken Gods - Gwenda Bond

I won a signed copy of this book from a GoodReads contest so I only thought it fair to give an honest review in return.

Having read many of the reviews prior to reading the book I was going into this reading not expecting much. She was likened to one of my all time favorite writers, Laini Taylor which I did not see in any way. t was not deep or poetic like Laini Taylor or Cassandra Clare but it was very well written, straight and to the point. The few parts with differing POVs were smooth and easily discernible.
It has all of the components I like: Gods of all types, ethnicities, and character who we're not center stage and their god-like attributes were not overused to move the plot along adnausium. There is a Secret society with some pretty cool toys and operatives. I also really liked the fact that the plot was not predictable and the pace was fast. So all in all a really easy, fun, and most importantly enjoyable read.